Oak Hill Rd.
Address: Oak Hill Rd., Port Hope
Listed at: $ 1,550,000
Lot Size: 36 acres
Out Buildings: Stabling for 15 horses and 9 paddocks
Description of the Property:
A beautiful country estate with large pond and amenities. A delightful 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home. Large family room with fireplace. Nestled on 36 acres on the edge of the Oak Ridges Moraine and surrounded by the Ganaraska forest, a large conservation area, with hiking and walking in abundance.
House is 3,500 Sq. Ft. It has 4 bedrooms –2 full bathrooms, master having an ensuite and a two piece on the main floor. The house is full of light with a bright family room open to the kitchen and large living room and separate dining room- a great house for entertaining.
The property is about 1 hour from Toronto and about 20 minutes to the 401. The closest town access is historic Port Hope about 20 minutes away.
The farm is fully equipped for horse breeding and has immaculate stabling for 15 horses with 9 paddocks. A completely self-contained offices and separate apartment for staff or guests overlooking lush fields.
Features of the Property
Extensive renovations and upgrades have been made over the last 15 years
Water – Two wells – 60’ drilled well for the house and separate 60’ well for the barn
Stand By Generator – for the Stable Barn only
Electricity – an owned substation is located on the property which distributes power to both house and barns
Pond – A beautiful 15 ft. pond has 2 streams going thru a “diversion dam” – one goes into the pond and other to a bypass stream. Temperature of pond is always at 10 degrees.
Gazebo – Located at the end of the pond the gazebo sits over a flow control which regulates the height of the pond.
Fencing – Entire property is organized into paddocks and is electrified.
Septic – Original system for the house is 23 years old plus new septic bed in 2018. Barn septic is 15 years old.
Heating Systems – 2 Propane furnaces in the house and 1 in the barn.
Oak Knoll Stables leases the paddocks and barns for its operation. All barns are in excellent condition.
- Steel clad high ceiling structure built in 2005
- 7,500 sq. ft. with 18 stalls with rubber matting.
- 1 bedroom 800 sq. ft. air conditioned flat on the 2nd floor
- An office with TV monitoring of 4 stalls,
- A lab/medical room and weigh scale,
- A wash stall plus access to the outside from all sides.
- Main barn also has a Trickle Tank, WiFi and a Well-rite pressure tank.
- In excellent restored condition with steel roof mainly used for storage of hay and equipment
- Used for additional storage of hay
- This shed has equipment storage on one side and a run in on the other.
- 8 large plus 4 smaller ones
- All paddocks have separate water & power supply
Call to discuss a viewing appointment.